Welcome to Today’s Online Conference
March 18, 2008 – by Richard Band
Thank you for taking the time to attend this special Online Conference. With the credit crisis, real estate hitting new lows and the Fed scrambling to turn the market around, many investors are wondering what to do now. I’m here to say that there is a way to survive a falling market with your portfolio intact.
That is exactly what I want to talk about today. In this session, I’ll not only give you a panoramic overview of the forces affecting this market but also give you the specific actions you must take now to protect yourself AND profit.
I hope you’ll participate in today’s conference by submitting your own questions. Just click on the “Ask Richard a Question” button in the middle of your screen.
Some of what we’ll cover:
- What the media isn’t telling you about the banking crisis, and what you really need to be concerned about—it’s not what you think.
- Why those who run for cover in this market could be the first ones to end up in the poorhouse.
- Why gas prices are shooting back towards $4, and gold is soaring above $1,000 an ounce—and how you can benefit from these run ups.
- The surprising impact of the Fed’s historic actions of the past week—and three stocks that will benefit the most.
- PLUS I’ll share with you how I’m shielding my own portfolio from the fallout and introduce you to my top recommendations right now.
- Plus, I’ll try to answer as many of your questions as I can.
My name is Richard Band, and I’ve been serving investors like you for more than two decades. In my Profitable Investing newsletter, I focus on finding low-risk growth, value and high-yielding investments. I work hard to spot trends early, identify the biggest profit-takers and make sure we get out when the tide turns and the next trend comes along.
It’s an approach that works, and works well—our Total Return Portfolio for 2007, according to figures compiled by the independent Hulbert Financial Digest, was 35% less volatile than the S&P 500.